Pocket Letter Pro & Lite FAQ
Pro Bundle and In-App Purchase items are marked with “*”.
- Select the “+” button to add a new letter or document.
Select the “i” button next to an existing letter to duplicate an existing document. Or to change the type (personal vs. business).
- Add/Change the Name of your Document.
- Select ‘Letterhead’ to enter the name, contact, and address details for your document.
- Add a logo* or letterhead* image if desired.
You will be prompted to select an image from your Photo Album Edit to access your Camera Roll or take a photo with your camera. Images that work best are sized 3:1 width to height to 5:1 width to height. For phones you can try 150px wide by 50px tall or 250px wide by 50px tall. For iPads try 3-4x the size for phones. Adding whitespace or transparency (png files) to the width of the image will enable you to properly edit the desired width/height ratio.
Here are a few more tools that can help with resizing images:
Select Options from the options screen to Show Letterhead only* and Letterhead separator
- Set Recipient’s information – name, address, salutation & date
The fields entered for the Recipient will show on the Preview.
- Enter the Subject and Main Text for the letter or document
Edit the font size* based on the length of the letter. Default is 11pt.
- Enter Closing lines (Sincerely, Take Care, Regards, …), Name & Title if desired.
- Add a signature image to your document:
- Option 1. Insert an existing signature that is 3:1 to 5:1 width to height ratio. For mobile you can try 150px wide by 50px tall or 250px wide by 50px tall. For iPads try 3-4x the size for phones. See 4. above for tools that can help resizing. Adding whitespace or transparency (png files) to the width of the image will enable you to properly edit the desired width/height ratio.
- Option 2 (iOS 9 or later). Send an unsigned letter to yourself from Pocket Letter via pdf email. Open the PDF in Mail on your device. Select the “Markup” icon (below) and “Signature” -> With your finger, stylus or Apple Pencil sign your name and tap Add or Remove Signature. Tap the color desired. Then tap, drag and resize (by dragging the corners) if needed to the open signature space or where desired in your letter.
Find out more about using the “Markup” feature here.
- Enter a p.s. or other text to display before the Signature.
- Select Options to Finalize the Look of your Document.
- Adjust Font Size* and Style* – Default is SFUIText-Regular (iOS System Font) 11pt
- Remove Border* – Default Border
- Show Letterhead Separator
- Main Text Justification – Left, Right*, Full* – default is left.
- Letter Format Style* – Block, SemiBlock
- Preview the Letter and Share
– Lite Users select Email PDF
– In-App and Pro Users select Email PDF, Link Dropbox*, AirPrint™*.
Select the “i” at the top of the screen to:
- Email us support questions or give us feedback
- Get help using the app or with AirPrint™
- Clear Me Info
- See Version
- Link your Dropbox Account*
“Edit” on the Main Screen allows you to delete an document.
Pocket Letter Files are saved as a unique .plad file extension type and readable by other Pocket Letter Users.
Q: My letter won’t fit all on one page
Multi-page* documents are available as an in-app purchase. Alternatively, you can also use the options screen to modify the font style and size to fit to one page.
The following options can be omitted and/or adjusted:
- Options -> Font Size* & Style*
- Options -> Show Letterhead Image Only*
- Add/Remove* Borders
- Show Letterhead Separator
- Main Text Justification* – Left, Center, Right, Full – Left is default option.
- Letter Format Style* – Block, Semiblock
Q: I have a number of letters, can I change the order they are displayed?
You can sort* the documents on the main screen – Newest, Oldest, A to Z, Z to A
- The printer should be configured and working with other applications on your device such as Safari.If AirPrint™ fails, refer to the printer manufacturer and Apple support to resolve the issue.
- We support all true WiFi AirPrint™ printers on the same Wi-Fi Network as the device (iPhone®,iPad®,iPod Touch®), that prints from Safari.View Official AirPrint™ printer list from Apple
- A complicated network setup is possible, however, is beyond the scope of our support for this app. We recommend working with a local network administrator to setup and assess all networked equipment, the printer, wired and wireless connections, and routes.
AirPrint™, iPhone®,iPad®, and iPod Touch® are trademarks of Apple Inc.